Old November 15th 04, 02:45 PM
RLBeldon

[posted and mailed]
"bob62" > wrote in
lkaboutautos.com:
> Hi, I have an 89 Honda accord LX. with a carburetor. and I am having
> some serious issues with this and they are quite puzzling. ok, ONe
> day i was driving and it just starts bogging down the car would run
> but with the gas pedal to the floor it will only go up to in between
> 1000 - 2000 rpms. <snip>

This is not a carb problem, but a 'pre-heated air' delivery problem.
Check and repair the vacuum line to the air diversion damper
in the air intake. The carb needs 100+ deg F air in the Winter.
Pre-heated air from the exhaust manifold prevents frost and ice
build up. This happened to me years ago and a five minute fix
was all that was needed. Good luck.