Old September 8th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
teem[_1_]

Default Thumping Noise Over Bumpy Roads

On 5 Sep 2006 23:36:37 -0700, "wavy" > wrote:

>Try pushing down on the rear of the car while its stopped. "Bounce" it
>a while and see if you can get the noise to re-occur. My 95 makes a
>noise that sounds a lot like small thumps, but by bouncing myself on
>the rear bumper, the noise resembles something more of a "slow squeak"
>(if that makes any sense).
>I believe in my case its coming from a rubber bushing that surrounds
>the anti-sway bar. I guess it can be replaced without too much
>trouble. I wonder if I could just "grease" the sucker so it'll be
>quiet.
>-WaV
>
>teem wrote:
>> I really hope theres nothing wrong with the suspension sounds like
>> somethings loose on the back pass side.

The dull thumps occur while driving around 30mph,i tilt my headd down
to locate the ''noise'',the roads around here arent ''elevated bumps''
more like wide cracks that the tire really picks up on.like i said my
50k oil change is coming up.Too bad i'll likely pay for this,that
blows.