Old July 24th 18, 12:01 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Wade Garrett

Default Clutch bolts and locktite

On 7/23/18 2:40 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
> Wade Garrett posted for all of us...
>

>> On 7/22/18 4:10 AM, Arlen Holder wrote:
>>> Which is best for dropping the transmission?
>>>
>>> Do you remove the crossmember, the bracket, or just the transmission mount?
>>> * Crossmember http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6290082bracket03.jpg
>>> * Bracket http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4222146bracket02.jpg
>>> * Mount http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6137530bracket01.jpg
>>>
>>> Also, do you locktite the bolts when you re-install? (What color?)
>>> http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=9054142locktite01.jpg
>>>

>> If you have to ask those questions, the job is above your pay grade...

> I believe this guy is the valve stem thread, harbor freight bead breaker,
> tire spec, brake lining spec Ultrec nym shifter. If he would just post under
> one name then I and more people would help him. Since I posted this the
> insults and diversions will now start.

Yeah, he was offended by what I said and took a shot at me in another
newsgroup over it. I was really just trying to help the guy out.

Asking those rookie questions before starting the major repair he was
contemplating, I had visions of him mangling his hand, crushing his
fingers, or a heavy overhead assembly slipping as he tried to remove it
and dropping down onto him cracking his skull or crushing his chest.

When he sees this post- he'll probably go apoplectic!

--
If it is not right, do not do it; if it is not true, do not say it.
- Marcus Aurelius