Old January 30th 05, 03:44 AM
Peter

In article >,
says...
> Redline Developments Statement

<snip>

> The history of sim-racing includes a tradition of post-publisher mods and
> development. This will continue and is something both Redline Developments
> and FIRST-Racing.net support , however modding should not cross the line
> into intellectual property infringement. Modders and companies must work
> cooperatively in frameworks which protect the rights of all involved.

Not sure about that one. I've read discussions on similar lines to,
'Why doesn't someone ignore all the intellectual property rights and
just create a sim that doesn't infringe on such and then allow the sim
community to come up with the goods. Eg, such as tracks, cars etc.'
This seems to go against that idea completely, or am I reading too much
into that statement? One of the major buzzes about these kinds of mods
is that they represent an era, car type, track that we are familiar
with. Are we now to only get mods that don't represent anything that we
are familiar with from history at all? That'll be a real bummer.

--
Pete Ives