Old January 30th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default How Did I Miss This One?

In article >, Jim Yanik wrote:

> yes,it's always said that driving is a privelege,not a right. Thus,only
> those who can do it properly should have the privelege;that's the basis
> behind our current license system,although not enforced.

That concept is only brought up when they wish to force us to sign away
rights to be able to drive.

>> BTW, the goal of congestion pricing etc and so forth is one of logging
>> and controling travel. If they really wanted to reduce driving a
>> simple increase in the gasoline tax would be enough. However the
>> solution always seems to involve government control.

> Driving is freedom.
> One(or more) can go when they want,where they want.

Being allowed to drive IMO should be a right, being able to do it on a
public road should require demonstration that a person would not
interfere with the rights of others on the roadway. (competence)