Old July 26th 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
lynn lascu

Default 88 jetta

Many thanks to all who have responded to my brake problem. I still have
the same thing going on after replacing the master twice, the calipers
twice, the rubber lines twice. he car has never hit potholes or such.
i've replaced the pro valve, just put on another brake check valve today
and still no luck. When I use a c-clamp to close the calper on the right
side I heard a hissing sound coming around the booster area, and the
caliper is very hard to close. The left side closes better when I
c-clamp it and no hissing. The right caliper seems to have alot of
pressure when I c-clamp it. This all started when I replaced the master
2 months ago. One day the brakes just faded to the floor so I figured it
ws the master cylinder that went bad. Now I've replaced everything new
and problems. All parts purchased are Bosh parts with lifetime
warranties. Is a leak down test very expensive and can I do this myself?
lost and confused this is keeping me up because I can't solve my problem
and its really driving me nuts.