Old July 27th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jim Behning[_1_]

Default 88 jetta

I am with Dave on the Bosch brake parts comment. They may make ABS (I
don't know) but I do see ATE, Girling and other vendors.

Does this hissing happen when the cap is off the master cylinder?

On my Toyota there was a specification for brake pushrod length. There
is a similar meashurement in my 1980-1984 VW manual. Did you check
this setting as per your repair manual?

How do you bleed your brakes? I have done the two person: down, hold,
open bleed screw, close bleed screw, up. Repeat. It works better than
one person. I recently used the Motion power brake bleeder
http://www.germanautoparts.com/tools to flush air and old fluid out.
It works great and requires only one person. You can also check for
fluid restrictions as I mentioned before.

If you somehow managed to leave a plug in something before you
tightened a line you may have some component plugged.

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:34:12 -0500, "dave AKA vwdoc1"