Old July 5th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Default Thumping noise making me crazy

Bug Bitten huh? lol.........like the rest of us here on this group. ;-)

I am with Jan on this........rotate the tires to see if the noise changes
positions.

Also check out the CV Joints. Maybe one is a little stiff due to old grease
or no grease. ;-)
I guess I would also check the large center rear drum nut to make sure that
it is good n tight!

Your car is telling you to check that noise out before something bigger
happens! 8^o

Here is a site that you should bookmark for the future........it is run by
Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

--
later,