Old January 4th 12, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

Default From the archives...

"Kai Åberg" > wrote in message
> On 24/12/2011 00:03, Plowboy wrote:
>> A GPL Christmas
>> by Joe Shaw
>>
>> 'Twas The Night Before Christmas, And All Through The House,
>> Not A Creature Was Stirring, 'Cept My PC Mouse.
>> I Was Surfing The Web, For Setup Advice,
>> For The Right Lotus Toe-In, I'd Cash In My Wife.
>>
>> My Line Through The 'Bolica, Was Awfully Poor,
>> My Top End Pathetic, With Throttle To Floor.
>> I'd Spent All My Earnings, I'd Made Every Deal,
>> For A P3 Four Fifty, And A Force Feedback Wheel.
>>
>> When Out On The Lawn There Arose Such A Clatter,
>> I Sprang From My Desk To See What Was The Matter.
>> A Strobe Of White Light, Through The Window Did Flash,
>> It Looked To My Eye, Like A Giant Clock Smash.
>>
>> I Threw Open The Sash, And What Should I See,
>> But A White Bearded Driver, In A Red Ferrari.
>>
>> He Stomped On The Clutch, And Feathered The Gas,
>> Then Lifted His Goggles, I Could Tell He Was Fast.
>> He Pulled Down His Scarf, And Flashed Me A Smile,
>> And Tossed Me A CD, Labelled "Lo1 File".
>>
>> "Remember," He Said, "The Ones With The Fame."
>> And With Eyes To The Sky, He Called Out Their Names.
>>
>> Now Jimmy, Now Graham, Now Denis, And Jochen,
>> McLaren, And Pedro, Ginther And Irwin.
>> "Enter Turns Slowly, And Exit With Speed,
>> And You'll Get All You Can, From Your Trusty Green Steed."
>>
>> Then He Shifted To First, And Out Popped The Clutch.
>> "I'm Off To Zandvoort, And The Grand Prix That's Dutch!"
>> He Peeled Out In First, With Wheelspin Galore,
>> Looking For Brabhams, That Still Had A Door.
>>
>> And I Heard Him Exclaim, With Great Holiday Cheer,
>> "To All A Good Night, Have a GPL Year!"
>>

> Talking about GPL, the 1967F2 Mod for Grand Prix Legends has just been
> released.
>
> http://www.f2legends.net/
>
> A true masterpiece. Those cars are so fun to drive that I can't get the
> grin off my face.
>
> Kai

Ill have to relook, how does GPL run on new computers (vista and or Win7
5770 ati cards?) I havent been on GPL in a while...

Heck, I'm going to have to find my GPL Iso and disc cover, and see haw bad
it is in Vista, lol... I still have 2 cdroms full of old downloads from GPL
stuff, which I am sure are outdated, and what, 4 or 5 250 meg "Iomega
Zipdrives" full of stuff in the
basement somewhere for Nascar Racing 02 & 03? Plus I saw all 3 disk covers
(keys) somewhere while hiding presents ya know.

Anyone recall SODA OFF ROAD, I see I still have that CD in that box, the
other day... no way to fake the old "rendition2 cards" now days is there?

I thought I saw someone working their butts off in rFactor2 with 67 or
earlier year GP cars? Maybe it was plain old rFactor? Anyway, yep, 2012
should be a good year, just before mankind is wiped off the planet, sometime
this year, right? (refereing to all the Nostradamus stuff, if anyone
believes in that, I have doubts, but teeter both ways, especially with Iran
rattling swords this past week or 2).