Old January 4th 12, 07:34 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default From the archives...

lid (Plowboy) wrote:

> I have doubts, but teeter both ways, especially with Iran
> rattling swords this past week or 2

I'd be more worried about a far more worrying sign of the Apocalypse if I were you.
iRacing appear to be whoring themselves out to add a Cadillac!

I want mine in pink. Or a crusher, I'm not fussy.

As for GPL... I managed to get it running ok quite recently, but although I want to
love it, I just can't live with the graphics any more. It's been tweaked, lovingly,
by countless modders, but my visual cortex seems to have moved on. My loss. :-(

Having said that, the recent screens from rF2 have confirmed the fact that their
graphics engine is still somewhat retro-flavoured, so resetting my expectations
back to GPL levels may be a good move. :->

Andrew McP

PS I still have SODA somewhere, I think. I'm sure I remember someone at iRacing
(maybe even DK) saying that SODA was a sort of unofficial, one-man project which
was good enough to publish. Can't remember who the one man was though.