Old January 5th 12, 03:32 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy[_3_]

Default From the archives...

"Andrew MacPherson" > wrote in message
> lid (Plowboy) wrote:
>
>> I have doubts, but teeter both ways, especially with Iran
>> rattling swords this past week or 2

> I'd be more worried about a far more worrying sign of the Apocalypse if I
> were you.
> iRacing appear to be whoring themselves out to add a Cadillac!
>
> I want mine in pink. Or a crusher, I'm not fussy.
>
> As for GPL... I managed to get it running ok quite recently, but although
> I want to
> love it, I just can't live with the graphics any more. It's been tweaked,
> lovingly,
> by countless modders, but my visual cortex seems to have moved on. My
> loss. :-(
>
> Having said that, the recent screens from rF2 have confirmed the fact that
> their
> graphics engine is still somewhat retro-flavoured, so resetting my
> expectations
> back to GPL levels may be a good move. :->
>
> Andrew McP
>
> PS I still have SODA somewhere, I think. I'm sure I remember someone at
> iRacing
> (maybe even DK) saying that SODA was a sort of unofficial, one-man project
> which
> was good enough to publish. Can't remember who the one man was though.

Seriously some cadilac? well the way some people drive like old ladies on
there, hehehehe just might be the perfect fit, I dunno.

I hear your pain, Graphics wise, but I dont think it bothers me as much, as
long as I get the sensation of movement around the track. I raced
motocross, not big time just amature stuff... but anything but that little
tunnel in front of me, is a blur, so I say why even waste CPU cycles to draw
it <lol>. but yeah, I have seen screenies from some peoples PC's the gfx
look a lot better than I can produce with my old equipment, without
stuttering. Hell, a couple years back when I was moving, I found the
rendition2 card in that box as well, I dont recall if I finally tossed it or
not. I dont imagine it would do anyone anygood either though, lol. But I
have fantasy about setting up an old win98 box with that card just for SODA,
lol. probably a crapload of work to be dissapointed in the end though, best
to just keep the memories.