Old November 12th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

Default Can't find the coolant drain plug???

Dennis wrote:
> Hi, Got a 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport with the 4.0 six cylinder
> engine. It's time to change the coolant but I want to know exactly
> what I'm getting into first.

The radiator drain is located on the lower passenger side of
the radiator, toward the engine. It will either look like a bolt
on a bit of pipe or a flat knob with an extension underneath.

You put a hose on that bit of pipe and run it into a catch bucket
then open the valve. Remember to take the radiator cap off or
it will drain rather slowly.

This will get "most" of the coolant out of the system, but not all.
It's close enough without messing with draining the block.

--
DougW