Old March 4th 05, 05:05 AM
Kevin D

Dave, which Haynes manual do you have? I have the1991 thru 2000 model year
manual. On page 6-26 is a pretty detailed procedure for R&R of the valve.

You only need to remove 2 bolts, a vacuum hose and the pipe retaining nut.
You might need to tap on the valve to break it loose. Once it's out, remove
the old gasket material. If the mounting flange is dirty, clean it with some
fine steel wool.

Use a new gasket (should come with the new valve). Replace the bolts, vac
hose and pipe, tighten everything up, and you're done.

Good luck,
Kevin