Old March 15th 05, 02:27 AM
Frank

"phoeneous" wrote:
> I need to clean my EGR valve because it is blocked. Im not
> sure where it is under my hood but this is the most similar
> part compared to most others.
>
> So, is this my EGR Valve?
>
> [img:ed9294cd90]http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/92egrfront.jpg[/img:ed9294cd90]
>
> [img:ed9294cd90]http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/92egrright.jpg[/img:ed9294cd90]
>
> [img:ed9294cd90]http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/92egrleft.jpg[/img:ed9294cd90]

Phoneous,
I have a 96 Explorer 5.0L V8. Although your layout is different, it
looks close enough to mine to assume the valve’s location is the same.
In your third picture look at the nut that is approximately three
inches down from the end of your transmission check dip stick and
directly in front of it. That is the top nut which attaches the EGR
valve to the extreme corner of your intake manifold on the passenger
side as shown in your picture(On mine there is also a lower attaching
nut.). The nut is also right next to your EGR vaccum control valve.
This is the round black plastic unit with the six slotted cutouts,
which from your picture is approximately two to three inches to the
right of the red wire. Assuming that your EGR valve is at least
visually the same as mine, there should be a plastic EGR valve sensor
attached to the back of your EGR valve with an electrical cable
attached. If you are going to clean it only you might want to buy a
new gasket for your re-installing it. If you still have trouble
identifying it I suggest a visit to your Ford and ask to examine one.
Good luck.