Old July 30th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
George Brims

Default 96 Isuzu Rodeo fast idle

Our Rodeo (3.2L V6) idles very fast - about 2200 rpm. We had it worked
on before for this and they replaced the "idle motor" (which is actually
a solenoid and not a motor). That fixed it for a while but then the idle
speed gradually crept up again. It's now at the stage where heads turn
in a parking lot! Worse, I have to use the brakes way too much on long
downhill runs (we take it up to Lake Arrowhead on the weekends so we
descend 4,000 feet on Monday commutes!). Anyone seen this?

George