Old August 9th 16, 05:52 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Paul in Houston TX[_2_]

Default 2013 Hyundai Sonata - Caster at low end of Spec Range

wrote:
> 2013 Hyundai Sonata - Caster at low end of Spec Range:
>

> For this generation of Sonatas(YF 2011 - 14) Caster is specified
> as +4.4deg, + or - 0.5deg.
>
> Mine: L = +3.8, R = +3.9
>
> Question, since caster on my car is nearly dead equal, but
> is barely at the low end of specified range, #1 how did it check
> in that low, and #2 is there anything that can be repaired, bent,
> or replaced to get it up into the middle of that range?
>
> Thanks in advance. And yes, I know in *theory* caster and
> camber cannot be adjusted on a unibody where they are
> defined by locations of control arms and built in strut tower
> angles. But is there any way to 'cheat' and add more caster
> without throwing the other angles off?

Personally I would not bother. Caster is back and forth on the tire.
The tower holes could be elongated or eccentric bolts installed on
the lower control arms, or the arm retainers slotted.
$500 and up.
Everything that changes caster will also change camber and toe.
It will be back and forth adjusting for a couple of hours.
Add another $500.