Old October 19th 05, 02:18 AM
Matthew Russotto

Default 5 killed as 78 year old bus driver hits jackknifed semi

In article >,
Del Cecchi > wrote:

>You guys are all idiots or pretending to be idiots. The accident
>occurred at 2 in the morning on a unlighted stretch of freeway. The
>truck jacknifed and was laying on its side blocking both lanes. The kids
>were mostly asleep. This was the lead bus in a convoy returning from a
>competition. The truck driver was 22 and reportedly had a suspended
>driver's license.
>
>If there was a wall that suddenly appeared on the freeway in the middle
>of the night, could all you always stop by the time you noticed the dark
>shape in your headlights? Remember they don't put lights or reflectors
>on the bottom of a trailer.

If the wall suddenly appeared, no. If the wall was there before I
came within sight of it, sure. If I couldn't, it would mean I was
either seriously overdriving my headlights or wasn't paying sufficient
attention for some reason -- so-called "highway hypnosis" being one
likely reason.
result in a fully-depreciated one.