Old January 12th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.tech

Default How to remove old oil pan gasket?

In article
.com>,
"gobroncos" > wrote:

> Dont know what they are called but they look like little discs made out
> of SOS pads. They are about 1.75 inches in diameter and attach to a
> high speed angle grinder. I got mine at the auto parts store, and now
> that I think about it, I dont recall seeing them anywhere else. Jim

They're called "Roloc" pads, 3M makes them and it would be wise
to point out that they have been documented as causing major
catastrophic engine failure because of the level of contamination
they cause inside the engine. Most OEMs have banned their use.