Old July 19th 17, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Michael[_23_]

Default Junk/salvage question

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 5:36:02 PM UTC-5, Bill Vanek wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 15:16:16 -0700 (PDT), Michael
> > wrote:
>
> >The used car dealer tells me that the 4 junk/salvage notes in the car's records are because it went through an insurance auction.
> >
> >Could this be the case, or should I run from this deal as fast as possible?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Mike

> Unless it's like... free, run.
>
> BTW, is this a new car dealer, of some used car lot?

Used car lot. He says he's too small a dealer to get a CarFax. I poked through free CarFax as much as I could and it was last maintained in 2013 by a local Ford dealer up to 77K miles, but 4 years later the car is now advertised as having 75K.

I think it's time to move on.