Old July 19th 17, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

Default Junk/salvage question

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 9:11:21 AM UTC-10, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> > wrote:

> >>It's likely the other way around, that it went through an insurance auction
> >>because it was declared unrepairable.

> >In general, there's no such thing as an "unrepairable" car.

> I dare you to tell that to my wife.
> --scott

My wife totaled two cars. She hit a car and that car hit another car in front of it. She said the car she hit looked like an accordion. The force was so great that the bulb located in the bumper of our car had the filament bent back 90 degrees. I replaced the bumper and the struts for about $125. The car ran fine. We finally sold the car but I would have sightings of our car around town for over a decade afterwards. I used to get 27 MPG out of it but I've never gotten more than 20 MPG from my other cars. That must have been the most wonderful car ever.