Old August 3rd 12, 10:20 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default I found the right FFB settings

Mario Petrinovic:
If they don't have the linear FFB, and they HEAR about somebody who
has a problem with the ballance of FFB (and they themselves KNOW very well
that FFB is UNBALLANCED), the last thing they would do is to expel this very
person from their forums BECAUSE he wrote about unballanced FFB.

It is interesting, when I wrote about it in iRacing's forum, Timothy
Something, an iRacing staff, contacted me. I wanted to know what is "the
default" FFB setting, and there is only one, the ---/100/100/100, and in
iRacing in the middle of both sliders. It is EASY to find it if FFB is
BALLANCED, and BY DEFAULT FFB *IS* ballanced. He replied me that they TESTED
all the options, and there ISN'T such a setting (after that he KILLFILED me,
cutting off any discussion with me).
So, now I ask myself, if the ballanced state of FFB is the PRIMARY
state, and if setting ---/100/100/100, and 20/50 in iRacing (the MIDDLE
position of both sliders) is about the most BASIC thing to test, I mean, if
you would test ANYTING, this setting is about one of the VERY FIRST you
would try, so, I ask myself, WHAT IN THE WHOLE WORLD THEY WERE TESTING, if
they DIDN'T test this.
Jesus Christ.