Old January 4th 05, 11:51 PM
Will Honea

My middle son got a great buy on one for his wife - she liked the room
and the fact that when she stepped on the skinny pedal it would jump -
to replace her little Nissan pu. We were looking at what would need
to be done to swap in 4wd but gave it up as not practical in his
situation. Assuming a complete donor from a wreck, the front axle was
really simple, no hassle at all. What turned him off was the issues
with the transmission, tc, and drive shafts. Unless tou swapped the
whole tranny/tc assembly from the donor there was a lot of hassle and
cussing to get the tc married to the auto in that 91. The final
killer was that the available swap was geared differently than his
stock D44 read axle - the gear swap drove the price too high to be
worth the effort. If you could get a complete donor then a straight
side-by-side swap would not be that difficult but it would be time
consuming.

--
Will Honea