Old November 16th 10, 10:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randall

Default How Often Do You Replace the Rubber Fuel Hose?

"How Often Do You Replace the Rubber Fuel Hose?"

I replace it every time there is an engine fire.
Just like when forestry experts found out that allowing lightning caused
fires to burn is healthier for the forest in the long run, so should VW
fires be allowed to run their course. Afterward, the rebuilt vehicle is
better than the old one. That is why I use genuine NOS fuel line without
clamps. I also have a see-through glass fuel filter that is suspended
between the fuel pump and the carb and allowed to swing free. I don't
have a fire extinguisher on board. Just by 2¢. Don't assume that I'm an
expert just because I'm posting here.