Old November 17th 10, 07:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randall

Default How Often Do You Replace the Rubber Fuel Hose?

On 11/16/2010 9:47 PM, John wrote:
> Wouldn,t you be better off with a plastic filter?
> Cheers
> John

The filter is made of fine mesh and is reusable after cleaning it. The
ends unscrew with a wrench. O-rings provide the seal. This is the second
one I've had. While I was disassembling the first one in a kneeling
position the glass cylinder fell out of my hand onto the concrete and
broke quite easily in a drop of less than two feet.

I don't actually have it hanging above the case. I molded some hard
setting clay to fit around it as it rests on the case. And it's
positioned in the line leading into the fuel pump, not the line between
the pump and the carb.

By the way, I notice you always use a comma as an apostrophe. Is that
how Aussie's are taught to do it? In Europe they use a comma as a
decimal instead of a period.