Old November 23rd 09, 01:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
C. E. White[_2_]

Default Ford's "Easy Fuel" capless fuel filler?

"aarcuda69062" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> wrote:
>
>> I have locking gas caps on both of my Dodge vans.
>> I don't think Ford's ''Easy Fuel'' capless thingy is such a
>> ''Bright''
>> idea.

It seems to work Ok. I always feel weird when I fill up my F150. I
just open the fuel door and stick in the nozzle. When I am finished I
just pull the nozzle out and close the door. It is fast and efficient
and I never spill any gass.

> I'll bet that their P04XX EVAP code warranty claims drop
> considerably.
>
>> Suppose some creeps want to put whatever kinds of crap into those
>> capless fuel tanks?

You can worry about everythig. I've never had this happen in 40 years
of driving.

> It would make no difference than if they had a conventional gas cap.
> (duh)
> However, most fuel doors have inside release mechanisms, so as long
> as
> the vehicle is locked, it wouldn't be that easy.

Ford has mostly quit building cars with inside fule release levers.

>> Pouring fuel from a small gasoline container into capless fuel
>> tanks
>> should work ok.If not, Ford has screwed up!

Most gas cans you buy have poperly sized nozzles (at least all the
ones we own do).

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/car...gravation.html

Ed