Old November 23rd 09, 02:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
C. E. White[_2_]

Default Ford's "Easy Fuel" capless fuel filler?

> wrote in message
>I doubt if most people use a funnel with small portable gas
>containers.I
> doubt those handy dandy funnels that Ford supplies with Easy Fuel
> vehicles will stay with most of those Easy Fuel vehicles for a long
> while.Funnels and other thingys have a habit of getting lost.
> cuhulin

I hear what you are saying. I didn't know what the funnel was for. It
was in with the tire changing equipment (jack, crank, wrench,etc.).
Shortly afer I got the F150 I ran over something on the highway and
had to change a tire by the side of the road. I thought the funnel was
some sort of device to help you guide the jack crank into the winch
that lets you lower the spare tire. I stuck the funnel into the hole
where you insert the crank shaft thinking it would better align the
shaft. It did a poor job of this! Only later when I actually looked
through the Owner's Guide did I find out what it really was. Ford
should have label the thing for us idiots.

Ed