Old July 9th 04, 11:08 PM

Neuropean > wrote in message >. ..
> On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 23:41:22 GMT, "Jonathan Day" >
> wrote:
>
> =>Hi
> =>
> =>I recently booked my 147 1.6 Lusso into Caledonia Preston (lancs)
> for its
> =>36K service and need fell off my chair when they gave me the price
> £355
> =>+VAT. Along with the brakes that will probably need doing I will
> likely face
> =>a £500 bill.
> =>
> =>This is just the thought of thing that will put me off buying my
> next Alfa
> =>which is a shame as I really like the car. I also have a Hyundai
> which comes
> =>with a 5 year warranty and 3 years servicing thrown in. It also has
> no
> =>faults whereas the 147 has several including a repeat problem with
> the cam
> =>variator.
> =>
> =>Anyone else feel put off by high servicing costs, crap service and
> cars with
> =>too many faults? For me it taints the joy of owning an Alfa.
> =>
> =>Jonathan
> =>
>
> for me:
>
> 221 Euro at 20.000 km
> 243 Euro at 40.000 km
> 330 Euro at 60.000 km
> 290 Euro at 80.000 km
>
> Do the math, I smell a rath :-)
>
> A faulty variator is changed under warranty. Outside warranty it can
> be solved most of the times by a 2€ spare part replacement.
> And Hyundai don't make cars, in my opinion. ;-)
> Neuropean

And just wait till he wants to sell his Hyundai on. He can come back
and talk about it to us then. When he can't get the price he wants, or
a buyer willing to take it on. Then is it worth paying for a few parts
for the 147. Plus, am I not right in saying that Alfa Romeo a few
months ago were selling cars with a 5 year warranty at the dealers. I
stand to be corrected if I'm wrong. John, UK.