Old October 28th 04, 06:10 PM
redTed

> I got my cam belt changed under warranty by the dealer at its 36k mile
> service, as the dealer told Alfa that the variator was on it way out,
> so they kind of spun a little white lie and got the job done the other
> way around.
>
> Additional cost to me: Zero. Brownie points to dealer: Lots.
>
> Maybe Caledonia could do something similar for you? I'm assuming your
> 147 is still under warranty of course.

Variator..sorry. That's it.

No, the car is 3.5 years old so the warranty option is a no go, I'm afraid.
Does the part cost as much as they are saying , or is this going to be an
on-going problem for my beloved 147 ? I realize car parts were getting more
and more expensive, but this seems ridiculous !

Thanks for replying, btw.