Old January 16th 05, 11:53 PM
Nick

Default 2.4JTD Gearbox

Hi,

My car is a 2001 156 2.4JTD (140bhp).

The gearlever has recently stopped centring itself on the 3rd/4th gear plane
which makes changing gear a bit more difficult. Occasionally I select 1st
when I want 3rd, and 2nd when I want 4th - not ideal!

There seems to be no 'spring' in the gearlever at all, but otherwise the
gearbox seems fine - any ideas as to what has gone wrong (and how much it
will cost to put right)?

Whilst on the subject of the gearbox, does anyone know what the maximum
amount of torque the standard gearbox can take? Was just wondering If
getting it chip tuned would chew up the gearbox.

Thanks

Nick