Old May 17th 05, 04:34 PM
Tom Del Rosso

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.edu...

> Disconnect the battery for 2 minutes, reconnect it, crank the engine and
> then re-check the codes. If you see an 11, your distributor pickup is in
> need of replacement. A fuel filter that is "several years old" is very
> likely in dire need of replacement. And you can check the fuel injector by
> removing the air cleaner assembly and peering down the throttle body
> throat while someone else cranks the engine. You should see atomized
> gasoline hitting the throttle plate.

Thanks. I see here that 11 is sometimes much worse.

http://www.allpar.com/fix/80s-codes.html
11 No ignition reference signal detected during cranking (bad Hall effect)
OR timing belt skipped one or more teeth; OR loss of either camshaft or
crankshaft position sensor. Can cause the engine to stop working entirely
with no limp-home mode.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add
2 more zeros and remove the obvious.