Old June 4th 05, 05:48 PM
Rich Hampel

Default 134a Refrigerant

OK, perhaps the eco-nazis have done us in again.
In the NE yesterday I tried to get some R134a ..... and NO ONE in
western NJ, Eastern Penna. or Delaware has any ...... ???????
I can get it online from Florida .... at about 400% above the 'normal'
price.
I know the manufacturer, duPont, has had problems in production and
legal - as they are appraently having GREAT legal problems with all
their Fluorine based products. The production problems started last
year but duPont advised that all would be 'remedied' by December 2004.

Any suggestions; or, should I just bite the bullet and find some
bootleg R12 and switch back?