Old January 6th 14, 04:47 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Steve[_65_]

Default Trickle Charging a C7 battery

On or about Mon, 06 Jan 2014 11:09:22 -0500, Smarty
> wrote or did cause to be written:

>On 1/4/2014 10:51 AM, Steve wrote:
>> On or about Fri, 03 Jan 2014 17:30:28 -0500, Smarty
>> > wrote or did cause to be written:

>>> I did not realize that the Z06 fob was different. Neither my C5 or C6
>>> fobs can store the key, although I have seen / owned other fobs
>>> (Porsche, Acura, Lexus) which use this internal design which now shows
>>> up on the C7.
>>>

>> All 2005-2007 C6's had an external key. All 2008-2013 C6's had an
>> internal key. The 2007 user's manual showed the new FOB design with
>> the internal key but GM had issues with it so they stayed with the
>> external key through the entire '07 model year.
>>
>> I prefer the external key detached and kept safely at home. You almost
>> never need it and the last thing you want when you do manage to lock
>> the FOB inside the car is for the key to be there also.

>Steve, you make an excellent point which I had never considered. I am
>now thinking of separating the internal key from the fob and leaving it
>in a safe place outside the vehicle. I am just the very type of
>forgetful geezer to lock my fob in the car, despite beeping and tooting
>and flashing lights.

The best solution I have found is to have a spare made that does not
include the plastic cap. A lot of people cut it off or use the blank
that doesn't have the plastic part. Carry that in your wallet where it
isn't in the way all the time. OR find a hiding place but don't tell
us where it is. But even if someone finds the hiding place and
gets in, the alarm goes off and they still can't drive away. And, with
the alarm going off they could just as easily have broken the window.