Old November 9th 19, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ohderii_Cruiser

Default 2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads

Heron > suggested:\
>> It's making noises when I brake like scraping metal but very high pitched.
>>
>> What's the right brand and model number for the pads & rotors?

> Pads
> https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...brake+pad,1684
>
> Rotors
> https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/... b,rotor,1896

Thank you all for your advice and for that all important rockauto pointer.
Without a pointer to a supplier, I was lost.

I found that shipping was a killer with RockAuto so I then tried Carid
which gave me free shipping on the rotors (but shipping was a killer on
easy stuff like oil pan drain bolts so I didn't buy them as the shipping
was more than seven times the cost of the bolt).

I also tried something called "partsgeek" which also had good prices.
I ended up getting the Centric pads and rotors but I still don't know the
friction rating.

Here are the three sites I think are best.
If you have BETTER SITES please help me for the next purchase online!
1. https://www.partsgeek.com
2. https://www.rockauto.com
3. https://www.carid.com (they match rockauto for final price)

I decided to get both the front and rears, pads and slabs and the extra
hardware (four springs and two wear indicators for the fronts).

It's amazing that the most important thing about brake pads is so hard to
find but the prices were less than half (maybe even a quarter) of what they
were at the local parts stores (and about 1/10th the dealer).

It's just amazing that the most important thing about a brake pad is so
hard to find. It's not like a brake pad has a more important job than
friction.