Old August 26th 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Tranny Input Shaft Seal Install Tool - Help Please!

On Aug 5, 10:45*am, wrote:
> Hello!
> What kind of home made sleeve tool can I make to install the tranny input shaft seal?

Here's what I did.
I used a tool similar to an ice pick to make about 5 little holes in
the seal between the bore and the input shaft.
All the little holes were close together.
Then I stuck a flat blade screwdriver in the holes that sort of formed
a slot.
Then I levered out the seaI.

I put a light coat of the orange Permatex rtv sealant on the outer
diameter of the seal.
I used a short piece of pcv pipe to gently drive in the new seal.

It was a fairly simple job thanks to you guys.