Old April 17th 05, 01:56 PM
Dennis Wik

In the "70" I ran a motorhome for a while on a dual- fuel set up
(gas/propane). This set up used gas for the main fuel but after it was
warmed up you could turn the gas off and propane valve on while the
engine was running fro the drivers seat. The propane delivery system
was a nozzle plate mounted over the gas carb or maybe it was under, I
don't remember right now but I think it was on top. It worked great but
the power loss was noticed. The idea was if gasoline was in short
supply, you could run on propane. The industry felt since oil would be
gone in 40 years, we needed to keep our vehicles going until we had the
time to change to agriculture alcohol production fuels by 2010 so we
were not at the mercy of the saudis. We only got 5 years left, right?

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>