Old October 30th 09, 06:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
JettaPZ

Default Got the ignition coil recall notice ...

On Oct 29, 8:25*am, "In2hoppn" > wrote:
> > I always used to hear that VWs were known for reliability, and I own a
> > VW myself (a 2009 Rabbit), so it's disappointing to think that they've
> > had a problem like this for so long.

> When / where did you use to hear THAT?
> : )

Nah, they ain't good for nothin'...

Two VW's sacrificed themselves for my family and I...
The '80 Rabbit went 19 years and 175K before I had to put it down
because
of a tear in the pan under the seat...
The '81 pickup survived a slew of butthead owners before I rescued
it...
Still have it.
The '88 Golf just went to a friend's son at 237K...
The '99 Jetta has been astoundingly reliable, even with a supercharger
The '00 Golf is happily transporting my spouse around, with nary a
peep.

Guess I'll have to invest in some Detroit, er, Washington DC iron next
NOT!!