Old November 6th 05, 01:31 AM

Default 73 bus anyone know what this sound is?

I did some more listening to the engine.

#1)yes, it will run.
#2)the sound (chirp, like vaccum or pressure) alternates between
left/right of engine
#3)the sound is eliminated from the left side of the engine when I
remove the plugs from the left side

ok... sources of input and output from the sides of the engine:

1)balance tube for air. connects to "master" output on top of left
side carb. connnects to top of left side manifold. connects to top
of right side manifold

#2)"balance" tube for brake booster. this is at the base of each
manifold, they are connected by metal tube. brake booster connects to
this tube.

#3)EGR tube. EGR isn't connected (crimped off before it goes to
exhaust). This connects front(of car) of manifolds together, T to
exhaust is crimped, but manifolds are connected... I didn't put new
gaskets between the tube and the manifold,

#4)EGR ?valves? on manifolds. These are vacuum diaphragms on the
outer side of each manifold.

#5) bad seal between carb and manifold? (on both sides?)

#6)bad seal between manifold and head? (both sides?)

Exhaust: sounds like the sound is on top of the engine,
not on the bottom.

#7)exhaust output, exhaust leak. two ports on bottom of each head.

Any ideas? I think the sound may be tied to the manifolds and EGR
valves on the manifolds.

Jenny