Old November 15th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Steven Hilgendorf

Default '98 Explorer V8 Spark Plug Replacement?

Hello HT, thanks again for your advice/recommendations. Since I started
this thread I've done some searching for answers on this spark plug
issue because I wanted to get the correct, recommended, replacement
plugs. Phoning my local Ford parts dealership gave me new Ford
Motorcraft part number, AGSF32FM, and searching the net gave me
information, and controversies, surrounding the replacement Fine-Wire
platinum plugs for the original single/double-platinum plugs.

Another weird thing about the replacement plugs is that the threads are
longer, which appears as if the plug will seat further into the
cylinder. Here is a site that notes the differences of the plugs:

http://www.v8sho.com/SHO/SparkPlugChanges.htm

In addition, I am going to price a set of Motorcraft wires and will most
likely change them at the same time too.

Steven