Old July 22nd 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Default New muffler for the 'Teg!

Last week I got a new OEM muffler from the dealer.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/new_muffler_07.jpg

How much did it cost me? Not one red cent. Not for parts, not for labor.

I originally had this thing installed in 1999 for $500 (yes! OW!), after
several unpleasant experiences with aftermarket mufflers from such places
as Midas.

The 1999 OEM muffler came with a "lifetime" warranty. I used that warranty
four years later, in 2003, and have used it once again in 2007.

In probably the harshest automotive climate in North America
-- salt-ridden northeastern Canada -- my mufflers are regularly lasting
four years.

In this case, the tailpipes were falling off. The muffler and other piping
were fine. No problem for the dealership, which replaced the assembly
without complaint.

The "muffler" is one piece from the join just ahead of, and inboard of, the
rear wheel to the taipipes.

It's funny. I've driven probably 300-400 miles since it was installed, and
the tailpipes aren't even black yet.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ