Old March 29th 18, 11:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Default car stumbles going around corners but no MIL

In article >, AMuzi > wrote:
>On 3/29/2018 1:32 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>>
>> If it's a Studebaker, check to see there's no junk at the bottom of the carb.
>> It fills up, and even a small sway to the side causes the fuel to slosh from
>> side to side and you get brief fuel starvation.

>Same for Corvairs. The fix is to re mount the carbs 90
>degrees off so they don't slosh/starve in turns:
>http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...ast/4carbs.jpg

Yeah, that was an even worse design.

I've seen all kinds of weird things. Chrysler Laser (but for some reason not
the Dodge Daytona) used to break the right front engine mount all the time,
and when the engine shifted on acceleration into a left turn it closed down
the throttle as everything moved around.

Also seen really bizarre problems caused by missing engine ground straps.
Runs great when the engine's in one position, but shift it a quarter of an
inch and whatever it was grounding through isn't touching anymore.
--scott