Old February 14th 18, 07:24 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Clare Snyder

Default Vibration at 50 to 60 mph coasting in neutral after rear brake shoes

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 20:31:06 -0800, ultred ragnusen

>> The cable was too tight

>That's basically the net effect.
>Thanks.
>
>It's a lesson well learned to follow the factory procedure.
>
>I don't know how people do this job without the large calipers though.

For years I've done it by trial and error - adjust the shoes to what
I think is right, then dry-fit the drum - too loose, pull it off and
adjust up. Don't fit? back it off and try again. Usually only a few
minutes. Then fine adjust with the brake spoon. ALWAYS check the
ebrake cables - and REPLACE if they are sticky - or you'll just end up
doing the job again. Also make sure you have the wheel brake
adjustment right BEFORE applying the e-brake -particularly if there is
any chance it has a self adjusting e-brake linkage. Do it on a Ford
Aerostar and you'll find out why REAL fast!! You'll spend half an hour
backing off the cable adjuster - - - -