Old July 21st 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jim Behning[_1_]

Default 88 jetta

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 13:50:23 -0400, (lynn lascu)
wrote:

>I have replaced master cylinder, brake lines (rubber) in
>front,calipers,brake regulator, and pads on my 88 jetta and the front
>brakes still lock-up on me. I will be driving and have to stop and
>release the pressure on the right front disk after about 10 stop signs.
>I've tried to figure out what the h%$^ is going on and just can't solve
>my problem. Is there anyone who can clue me into what the heck is going
>on???? HELP111

You stop the car, crawl under it, open the bleed valve on the caliper
to release the pressure?

When did this problem start?

Did the car ever hit a curb or big pothole?

Did you buy OEM parts from a supply house like German Auto Parts?