Old July 24th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Regal953

Default 88 jetta

lynn lascu wrote:
> Hello to all who have responded to my brake problem on the 88 jetta. I
> have put two different masters on the car and the problem still goes on.
> I have replaced the calipers twice. Everthing has been bought and
> returned for new parts again. I've noticed that my oil light and buzzer
> comes on also and it seems that when this happens the brakes start their
> problem. This has been going on for two months now and its driving me
> nuts. All I did was replace the master and all this started happing.
> I've put all new parts and they came with life time warranties. Could
> the booster cause this problem? I've dropped the oil pan and checked the
> pump to make sure that it was good, but the oil light still comes on and
> the buzzer to. I did put dot fluid in master as called for. Ever part
> put on has been replaced twice already and still the same problem exist.
> I work on all of my cars and this one I just can't figure out. HELP
> AGAIN PLEASE.

Oil light on means pressures have to be checked, my 87 jetta does the
same buzzer/light alarm, I will install a higher pressure/volume 16V
pump. So much for that. As far as the right front locking up, did the
car eve had a badly torn constant velocity joint boot. allowing grease
to contaminate pads and rotor? This WILL cause brake lock up. Second to
that I would think of and internally failed caliper brake hose not
allowing pressure to back flow to master. Let me know what happens.