Old July 24th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

Default 88 jetta brake problem

Hmmm
Kinda hard to diagnose the vehicle from this thread.
This is the problem where the right front wheel locks up after about 10
stops?
When you installed the brake master did you install the rubber seal?
I usually measure the distance the brake booster rod clearance in the old
and in the new master.
Maybe you should measure that area now since maybe the rod is constantly
applying pressure to the master cylinder.
You might even find a little adjustment on the rod. I HAVE NEVER HAD TO
READJUST THAT ROD!
I have had to replace 1 or 2 boosters for other reasons, 1 of them was
improperly rebuilt and had some unattached rod on the inside.

Did you do the tests I suggested previously?

NEW PARTS with a lifetime warranty? What brand are these parts?

You need to check the oil pressure if you think that is why the light and
buzzer are going off.
Might be the oil pressure switches.