Old July 27th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

Default 98 VW Bug Hi Me Again ... HELP New Problem

Not sure if the misfires will cause the trans not to shift but the
transmission likes the engine running correctly. You press further down on
the accel pedal to get the NB to move faster which in turn tells the
transmission to possibly shift later.
The throttle body and the automatic transmission might have to aligned or
adjusted if they lose electrical power.

AFAIK The throttle body might cause problems with the automatic transmission
shifting.
Have to find out why that light is on.
A vag-com scanner should be able to tell you why it is on and might help you
fix the problem. ;-)