Old July 18th 15, 06:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Budd Cochran[_2_]

Default The last straw

I've followed every "guru's" tips and tricks I could find anywhere in
an effort to rid my 89 XJ (Cherokee, 4.0, auto) of the cutting out it
has been doing and today I even drained the savings account to get a
refurbished ECM (the computer under the dash).

I ran all the extra ground connections, soldered all the crimped
connector splices, tested or replaced all the sensors (including the TPS
and reset it to 16% of input voltage), cleaned all the wiring connector
plugs, cleaned the throttle body and injectors, replaced the fuel pump,
filter, pressure regulator, vacuum lines IAC, camshaft and lifters and
converted it to an open cooling system.

And it's still cutting out as bad as ever. I don't dare take it out of town.

One site's expert (http://www.lunghd.com), after I emailed to try and
get help, asked a few questions to clarify terminology, then never
replied back.

So now I have over $1500 in the non-driveable piece of junk and I
probably won't be able to sell it for that much.

But I'm listing it Monday anyway.

Maybe someone will trade me a burnt up Pinto even-steven ... I'd come
out ahead.

Budd

---