Old September 14th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default Warm start problem with 99 TDI Beetle

Ben,

Wow, I have the same exact problem. I have been to the garage a few
times ... had maintenance done, filters changed etc.. I drive my son
to school, and when I get out to go to work, the damn thing has a very
hard time starting. Feels like the idle is all wrong, and when I put
it in gear it stalls again. If I let it sit for a while, it seems to
idle better, then I can ease it into gear, and drive off. Once I start
driving, I don't have any problems. BTW I have a passat wagon, regular
gas, not diesel.

I wonder if I should ask the garage about changing the colling temp
sensor?

-Guy