Old November 11th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Default Thank you Veterans

J. Clarke added these comments in the current discussion du jour

> Tom Horn wrote:
>> It's because of all of those Veterans that you have the
>> privilige to degrade them as you just did. I bet though ,
>> that when the dictators come for you, a Veteran will still
>> lay his life on the line to defend you.

> You mean like all those SS and Red Army veterans did? I'm
> sorry, but being a veteran means that you were in a war, it
> doesn't mean that you were on the side of the angels.

oh, I wouldn't be so quick to judge. I think I was on solid moral
and patriotic ground during my 20 months in a Pershing Tactical
Nuclear Missile Unit in West Germany and I am certain my father
was both moral and human as a WWII Marine. when I read absurd
comments like yours above, I can pretty well be certain that the
person making them isn't a vet themselves and has blind hatred
for those who are. again, if it were not for the hundreds of
millions of brave men and women fighting in wars around the world
in defense of this great country, the United States of America,
you wouldn't have the freedom to be stupid. wait! I bet you're
not even an American at all! I bet you're a Canuck!

and don't you God Damn Dare even attempt to compare members of
the U.S. Army, Marines, Navy, Air Corps/Air Force, or Coast Guard
with the SS or the Red Army! who the hell do you think you are,
Adolph II? your kind of vitriol is entirely uncalled for for both
truth reasons as well as a blind hatred lack of respect for those
who have defended you lo these couple hundred years. now, wrt to
WWI, I believe the number killed was over 100, 000 and in WWII,
the number killed was around 400,000 out of a total of about 16
million men and women in uniform. In WWII, perhaps another couple
of million, maybe as many as 3-5 million, were wounded. Give your
analogy to the SS and the Reds to the families of the men and
women who made the ultimate sacrifice. you will be most fortunate
to come out alive. if I were a family member of a vet KIA, I'll
pummel you to death with your own ugly stick! now, blow!

--
HP, aka Jerry