Old September 28th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_3769_]

Default $1500.00 for a 44??

Surely sounds good to me, other than the housing is on the wrong side,
but for that price we could swap tubes. I don't really know how strong they
are though, like the Japanese gear that only fits that 44, like will it hold
a real engine?
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

"Greg" > wrote in message
> Anyone know why these are so cheap
> http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...4&partID=15586 I
> mean $1479.00 for a complete front 44 with locker is pretty cheap. How

does
> the locker work on rubicons? Says for TJ YJ and CJ owners, but mounting

into
> those is responsibility of owner, well no kidding, but what would work and
> not work if going into a CJ?
> I'm swapping my frame, have narrow track on CJ now, but also have wide
> track axles that came under new frame, was going to switch to wide track,
> but to do that I have to get and install 4.10s and inner cromoly axle
> shafts, about $600.00. So just wondered how bolt in this would be, and no
> I'm not worried about it being 61", I'd probably get a 9" for rear then.

I'm