Old May 15th 09, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Yong Huang

Default Thumping noise related to flat tire fix?

Honda Civic Hybrid 2008
A few months ago, I got a flat tire at rear right, because of a nail
in the garage. The shop fixed it by plugging glue to the hole. (How
should I describe that?) I think it was around that time I started to
hear thumping noice while driving, one thump for each turn of the
wheel. I just rotated tires, rear right to front left, etc. The noise
is just as loud if not louder. My question is, Is it necessary to do a
wheel balance after the shop fixes a flat tire? What else could it be?
I visually checked and used my hand to check the tire tread but can't
find anything obvious. Thanks.

Yong Huang